Tuesday 8 May 2012

Origins Rain and Shine liptint w/ SPF 10





I'm a big believer in sunscreen. Lips burn easily because lip skin is very thin and has few melanocytes (mini science lesson). Those who know me know I have a freckle from the sun right in the middle of my lips which appeared after a trip to the Caribbean (yes, I've had it checked).

So if I leave the house with only one thing on? It's lipstick with sunscreen. I've tested hundreds, maybe more on myself. (We won't discuss how much lipstick I've eaten this year.)

Typically lipsticks with sunscreen seem to fail the year round test. They're too pale (dark lips need sunblock too!) or they don't come in colours for darker complexions or they're too red. Enter Origins.

I swear by their Rain and Shine SPF 10 lip tint (recently went up to $15). Sheer enough if you just dab it on, and nearly opaque if you go a couple layers. I happen to like Sugared Toffee, colour no. 1. Don't rely on their site for choosing your colour, which I find strangely off on swatches -- no matter what computer screen I look at it on (it isn't an RGB or CMYK thing) so do go to the store.

While the jury is out about sunscreen - is it better to eat a bunch of chemicals or risk skin cancer? Hmmm - I won't weigh in here. But I have read all the labels too. Incidentally, I couldn't get the latest - as I think they've reformulated, but here is the second to last Origins Rain and Shine label.




So you know what's in it.

And if I'm going to leave the house with one item this is it.

PROS:
Great coverage going both sheer and fairly opaque
Glides on softly with lots of emollients, never drying
SPF included!
Great day to night
Great everywhere from cities to the Caribbean
Wide range of colours
Nice minty taste

CONS:
That same minty taste bothers some people; they complain it tingles.
Not for those who don't want to eat SPF

http://www.origins.com/product/3848/11997/Makeup/Daily-Essentials/Lips/Rain-and-Shine/Liptint-with-SPF-10-Sunscreen/index.tmpl

No comments:

Post a Comment