Tuesday 29 May 2012

Mally High Shine Liquid Lipstick



I don't care what anyone says; there is no such thing as a lipstick that will stay on your lips all day through meals and coffee that is not drying. (I actually tore my lip the other day with one of those million hour lipsticks, but we won't get into that beautastrophe here.) So in the search for something shiny, and highly pigmented (in case I want to disguise my legendary lip freckle), and which lasts through all my events, this comes close.

Why this is genius: it's extremely shiny liquid lipstick that has the texture of gloss but at the same time not that horrible liquid goopiness......you know, where your hair gets stuck in it and the second the wind blows, your cheek looks like someone whipped you with lip colour? None of that.

Instead this has the same dispenser (twist the bottom, product comes out onto the brush) as other glosses on the market, but forget them, this is a thousand times better.

I first tried Tender Rose and was immediately amazed by how it was my lips, but better. It stays in place. It's shiny. It tastes amazing. And I didn't have to reapply every ten seconds as it vanished. Try for a colour that is similar to your lip colour, as that's when you will really see how well it pops. Whatever Mally has done with the shimmer, it's perfect.

What makes it right for this post though is it eliminates the need for lip pencil, eliminates the need for a bit of highlighter on the middle of the lip, eliminates the need for a stand-alone lip brush, eliminates the need for layering gloss on top of lipstick. I know Mally sells an amazing lip pencil as well as one that fills in the lip, which you can get, but with this one, if you're too lazy, you'll still be fine. The product just doesn't feather, doesn't bleed.

Best of all most of her colours look surprisingly good on all skin tones. So far I've also tried Mauve, slightly darker than Tender Rose (which is the colour I'd recommend for most Asian girls), and Sweet Berry, exactly as it implies, a shimmer-free shiny berry. And I have ready to go Super Natural, Perfect Pink and Cafe and suspect they will all work as well.

For my lighter skinned readers, I'd recommend Super Natural as your skin tone. And for my darker gals, Cafe might suit.

PROS:
finally a lip gloss and lipstick all in one
no lip brush needed
no lip pencil needed
pleasant taste
stays put
really shiny
a good range of shades
travels really well

CONS:
I didn't find the swatches which all look the same to be candid, to be particularly accurate. And this isn't a computer screen thing.
The tube is not quite full. Could be a bit more product per tube.
QVC used to carry this and recently discontinued this - don't know why as it's probably the best thing in her range


http://www.mallybeauty.com/store/category/lips/lipstick/item/LP0012/high_shine_liquid_lipstick_pens/

No comments:

Post a Comment