Wednesday 15 February 2012

Sephora Smoothing & Brightening Concealer


My skin tone is a strange colour. This is because I'm Asian. And while makeup companies seem to have figured out Caucasian complexions  - and I would say African American complexions as well, based on what my beauty friends tell me - they haven't figured out mine. During all those makeup touchups and makeovers, I take part in during fashion week, I am often told I'm "yellow" toned underneath. This is actually wrong. The result is a bizarre colour on my face after my makeup has been done, slightly jaundiced, resulting in me leaving events looking somewhere between a cast-off of The Mummy and as though I've been indulging in mustard masks on a nightly basis.

Add to this that I don't believe in a full face of foundation so I look for foundation or concealers simply to cover blemishes or imperfection.

Enter Sephora's delightful little wand of concealer.

The delivery is a twist brush applicator. You twist the nose of the pen and the product comes piping out into the brush. i.e. it's all in one. Brush. Product. No bottle, no fingertips needed, no spill.

A helpful Sephora associate in their Times Square store both got my colour right instantly and found me stock. She said you're probably (and no one ever gets it right) colour 08 (Medium). I was pretty shocked when instantly the product matched my hand and face. Perfectly.

PROS:
Asian girls, this one's for you. It's neither "yellow" nor some crazy shade of green.
It doesn't spill.
It doesn't require a brush or a sponge.
Fits in your tiny purse.
Goes onto airplanes without those pesky "fluid" restrictions.

CONS:
Not sure how long Sephora will keep this baby around. They seem to discontinue things. A lot.
In fact, as of the writing of this, the 08 is already called "Radiant Sand" online. Not sure if it's the same.

http://www.sephora.com/smoothing-brightening-concealer-P291910

No comments:

Post a Comment